Our newest email marketing resource was co-authored by SendGrid and HubSpot in order to help and inspire email marketers before they send their next campaign. 104 Email Marketing Myths, Experiments, and Inspiration
provides over one hundred different tips and ideas that will jump-start your email marketing
program, and drive more engagement and results with your contacts.
By teaming up with the marketing pros at HubSpot
, we've been able to compile a thorough list of helpful email topics organized by:
- Assumptions that many email marketers hold. Many of these can lead to the downfall of your email program. This section provides both the myth as well as the truth that disproves it.
- This section provides more than 30 different tests you can implement to fine-tune your marketing messages to make sure you're sending the best version possible to your contacts.
- This section is designed to give you extra ideas to consider when you're managing your email program. Perhaps there are tweaks or other changes you can make to take your messages to the next level.
With so many takeaways in one guide, we're pretty sure there's something in it for every email marketer out there, whether you're a beginner or a seasoned veteran. Some of our favorites include:
- Myth #2 - Unsubscribes are THE WORST - Unsubscribes aren’t bad. In fact, an unsubscribe is simply someone telling you they no longer want your messages. By removing them, you can improve the quality of your list and prevent unengaged recipients from marking your messages as spam.
- Myth #16 - There’s one perfect time to send - In general, there’s no magic time for sending email to your recipients. However, if you watch the engagement statistics of your recipients, you may be able to determine which segments of your customers open mail at different times of the day. Armed with that knowledge, you may be able to schedule sends based on when they’re more likely to open your email.
- Experiment #43 - ALL CAPS - Using caps in the subject line may generate a spike in interest, so you could try it for one-off campaigns, or maybe putting a customer’s name in caps may grab their attention more.
- Experiment #52 - Subject line emojis - Emojis are great for some contacts and come across as less professional to others. Test to see what types of subject line characters your contacts prefer to see.
- Inspiration #89 - Use welcome emails to your advantage - Use your welcome emails to demonstrate the types of content your recipients can expect to receive, including educational tips and special offers.
- Inspiration #97 - Reward your VIPs - Rather than simply testing new campaigns to brand ambassadors and high-engagers, consider giving them a special promotion or offer to thank them for their interest.
Those are just six of a guide packed with other great tips. Download the entire 104 Email Marketing Myths, Experiments, and Inspiration
today to jumpstart your email program in 2017!