How To Set Up A Subscription WidgetPhil Borden
Note: This post was updated in November 2017 to provide SendGrid users the current method to provide a subscription widget on their website.
Growing your email marketing contact list increases the number of conversations you have with customers and the potential sales opportunities. Providing a subscription widget on your website allows for an effortless way to increase your email list–and ultimately conversion rate.
Scaling and maintaining a healthy contact list can be difficult because it requires:
- A seamless opt-in experience,
- Enticing messages that drive action
- Integrating sign-ups directly into your email service provider.
These challenges make shortcuts, such as purchasing a list, sound like an intriguing option. However, purchasing a contact list can decrease your deliverability and hurt your sending reputation. This post provides a few options for SendGrid to consider when collecting email addresses on a website.
Building a subscription widget
To properly address these challenges, SendGrid has partnered with four best-in-class signup tool partners: Privy, Justuno, Wisepops, Landing Lion, and SG Widget These partners make it simple to:
- Turn visitors to your site into known, emailable contacts using targeted, conversion-focused pop-ups, banners, landing pages, and more.
- Ensure your new signups are appropriately opted-in to comply with anti-spam laws and keep your lists healthy.
- Automatically add these new signups to your contacts in Marketing Campaigns, allowing you to send them segmented, personalized campaigns that engage.
We offer these subscription widget integrations to all customers worldwide. We have worked directly with these partners to make it easy for you to get set up. To learn more, please visit the SendGrid Marketplace or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When customers opt-in to receive email communications from your brand, they accept your suggestion to start the conversation. And studies show that 72% of consumers prefer email when communicating with companies, so it’s all about making it easy for them to opt-in.
But if you’re not collecting email addresses from people who have opted into receiving email from you, you risk harming your deliverability rates. Providing a subscription widget on your website is a valuable step to take maintaining a clean email list.
If you want to learn more about how to grow your email list, check out SendGrid’s How to Grow Your Email Marketing List best practice guide.