SendGrid Support is happy to share the results of our first open source project! Projects like this come from a set of Support Engineers who volunteer to be part of the Support Incubator, an internal team dedicated to creating automation tools for our support engineers and customers.
This project will help customers configure their own private endpoint and database to accept Event Webhook data from their SendGrid account. Our Event Webhook gives our customers unique insight into their email program, by sharing data around 9 key email events:
- Spam reports
We’ve created this project to help our customers who may experience challenges overcoming the technical steps needed to configure their private endpoint. For both our technical and less technical customers, the open source EventKit is a great starting point because it provides an easy to use interface that helps customers manage and sort their data.
The EventKit can be used to create a very user-friendly app, where customers simply download a php script, and then upload it to their hosting server. That’s it! We do all the work after that, so our customers can focus on searching their data.
The EventKit provides customers with the ability to:
- Perform wildcard searches for email address, event type, unique arguments, categories, and more.
- Perform a detailed search specifying specific fields and date ranges.
- See all messages associated with a single SMTP-ID.
- Auto-Delete—where a user can select how long they want to keep their events for.
- Download events and searches as a CSV file for external consumption.
For code and easy set-up instructions, please visit http://sendgrid.github.io/eventkit/setup.html
We hope everyone enjoys our EventKit and of course, we would love your feedback! Share your thoughts with us in the comments.