Email design and editing, for many marketers, is among the most time-intensive tasks involved in crafting an email marketing campaign. Of course, creating a stellar design is also critical for setting a campaign up for success.
Sadly, what should be a fun, creative step in the email creative process can feel like a chore (or worse, a limiting factor in your success) if you’re fighting with your email service provider’s email editor.
Depending on your preferred email design workflow, you might find yourself frustrated by glitchy drag and drop design tools, limitations to what design choices you can actually implement, or not being able to access and edit the HTML.
Any of these pain points can cost you precious time and keep you from giving your recipients the beautiful content experience you envision.
If you’re feeling held back, it may be time to consider what email editing options exist that may better serve your unique workflow.
How to evaluate email editors
As you review alternatives, look for features that give you flexibility and efficiency with your personal editing style. It’s a driving principle behind the Marketing Campaigns Editor that we researched heavily before building.
Flexibility and efficiency were built throughout many aspects of the Marketing Campaigns Editor and include:
- Smooth drag & drop functionality to easily add text boxes, images, buttons, and more
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editing so you can format your email just as easily as you format documents
- Robust global styling options to easily apply your brand colors and fonts
- HTML editing of individual modules to fine-tune your design with in-line styling
- Ability to import custom HTML and choose to edit with design tools or using HTML
- Access to edit the HTML head of your email
- Option to export your campaign into an HTML file
- Code editor with side-by-side code and preview panes
- HTML editing aids like syntax highlighting, scroll-syncing, and error flagging
- Integrated access to campaign settings like subject lines, recipients, and more
The editing function and capability of an email tool should elevate your performance, not hinder it. Here at SendGrid, we’ve spent a lot of time researching the needs of marketers and are excited to share them with you.
To see how we’ve brought these features to life in Marketing Campaigns, watch our editor demo video.
Then, try the editor for yourself by creating a free trial account today! And if you’re looking for some email design best practices, check out a Q&A with one of our in-house email design experts that addresses everything from tips, big-picture concepts, and mistakes to avoid when designing emails.