The Email Activity API is beta and you may not have access. The API might change at any time without notice.
You can return to the old Email Activity Feed page at any time by hovering over the BETA tag at the top of the page and selecting the “Switch Back” link that appears.
Email Activity is in beta and you may not have access - we are currently in the process of rolling out access. For more information, see the Release Notes. The feature may also change at any time without notice.
The Email Activity feed allows you to view a snapshot of email-related activity associated with your account and any subusers. Enhanced email activity and storage gives you increased visibility into the email delivery flow of each email message to expedite the troubleshooting process.
- Types of Email activity data
- Filtering email activity
- Viewing event history
- Exporting a CSV
With the Email Activity feed you can:
- Troubleshoot email delivery issues faster with comprehensive and sequential event data by email message.
- Pinpoint specific emails easily with advanced search and filter options –including subject line and email metadata.
- Customize your data independently with CSV download/export option.
- Increase storage available for up to 30 days for historical visibility within the UI by purchasing an upgrade. (Not available in beta).
- Call all events by an email from the API with additional storage purchase.
The Email Activity feed allows you to view specific information about messages sent from your account.
|Processed||Requests from your website, application, or mail client via SMTP Relay or the API that SendGrid processed.|
|Clicks||Whenever a recipient clicks one of the Click Tracked links in your email. In the Email History SendGrid displays the date, time, and the URL for the link that was clicked.|
|Delivered||The accepted response generated by the recipients’ mail server.|
|Opens||The response generated by a recipient opening an email.|
|Unsubscribes||Whenever a recipient unsubscribes from your emails.|
|Group Unsubscribes||Whenever a recipient unsubscribes from a suppression group.|
|Group Resubscribes||When a recipient resubscribes themselves to a suppression group.|
|Deferred||The recipient mail server asked SendGrid to stop sending emails so fast.|
|Drops||SendGrid will drop an email when the contact on that email is in one of your suppression groups, the recipient email previously bounced, or that recipient has marked your email as spam.|
|Bounces||The receiving server could not or would not accept the message. If a recipient has previously unsubscribed from your emails, your attempt to send to them is bounced.|
|Blocks||When your IP address has been blacklisted or blocked by an ISP or messaging organization. Blocks are less severe than bounces and do not result in permanent suppressions: subsequent sends to blocked email addresses are not automatically suppressed.|
|Spam Reports||Whenever a recipient marks your email as spam and their mail server tells us about it.|
|Parse||Triggered if you’re using the Inbound Parse Webhook.|
The Email Activity feed lists each email sent. Click on each email to view the current list of triggered events for that email. Use our basic or advanced search to filter by email subject, recipients, or event types.
The email address field filters with an approximate, or fuzzy search. The date field pulls filters events that fit within the precise date range specified.
In addition to viewing the email activity associated with your account by recipient email address, domain, or event date, you can also use the following filters to sort your data:
- Campaign ID
- Campaign Name
- Event Type
- From Address
- Message ID
- Sending API Key ID
- Sending API Key Name
- Sending IP Address
- Subject Line
- Template ID
- Template Name
- Unique Arguments
To use advanced search:
- At the top of the Activity Feed page, click Advanced search.
- In the field on the far left, select the criteria to filter your event data.
- Once you have filled in all of the fields associated with that filter, click Search. To add additional search criteria, click Add a Filter.
To further narrow your search results, select one of the following options:
- Search emails by any of the following - This search will return more results and will pull in all events that meet one or more of the criterion specified by the selected filters. or
- Search emails by all of the following - This search will return fewer results and will pull in events that meet every criteria specified by the selected filters.
To view event history:
- Navigate to the event you wish to view and click on the entry. Once the entry loads, you can click into each of the sections to view more details of each email message.
- When you have finished reviewing the data, click close.
To export a CSV:
- In the top right corner of the activity feed, click Export CSV. This triggers an email to the email address associated with your SendGrid account.
- Open the email and then click Download.