MultiAuth, or Multiple Authentication, is a feature that allows administrators to create and manage additional user access to SendGrid features and allows the ability to send messages without sharing access to the master account credentials.
- Email - enabling this right allows the designated credentials to send email through the account
- API - enabling access to this function allows the designated credentials to utilize all of SendGrid’s APIs, with exception to any API call that sends email
- Web - enables access to the web dashboard allows the specified credentials to administer the account using the web-based console.
- In order to allow credentials to send mail via an API call, you must also allow them Email access
- Granting credentials access to Email will allow them to use the API calls that send messages
- Granting access to Web will allow credentials to create marketing email, but they cannot send them unless they are also granted Email rights
- Only the Master Account can create, modify, or delete Subusers and Credentials
In order to access the interface you need to login to your master account and click on Account Settings > Manage Multiple User Credentials. When you access MultiAuth’s User Credentials management interface, you will see a list of any previously created credentials. As an example, if you have created any credentials using the Multiple User Credentials API, those user names will appear here and display their assigned permissions.
As you can see in the above sample image, there is a user name called “admin” who has been granted all privileges. There are also options to Edit or Destroy the account.
To create new credentials click the Add New Credential button at the bottom left of the credentials list. This will open the New Credential page, as shown below:
When creating a new set of credentials, follow these instructions:
- For Name, enter the username for the credential. We recommend using an email address to maintain uniqueness
- For Password, enter a strong password that cannot be guessed or is based on a name or word
- Select the boxes to activate the features you want the credentials to access
When you click Create Credential, you are returned to the User Credentials list page, where you will see the new credentials and their associated permissions. If you do not intend to create new credentials, you may click the Cancel button to cancel the action.
If you need to edit a set of credentials, you can click the Edit icon, and you will be redirected to the settings page.