Multimedium is an agency based near Antwerp, Belgium, that specializes in web design, mobile app and content management software development, SEO, and social media. Since 2004, Multimedium has launched hundreds of websites for over 300 clients.
CEO Ben Brughmans helps run the collaborative team of designers and developers at Multimedium who advise, support, and build solutions, including email solutions, for their clients.
Multimedium aims to create a rich user experience and a high conversion rate in every single product. Email plays a crucial role in empowering online sales strategies, and remains a powerful tool to engage users in our online applications.
Multimedium originally sent their client’s email with an in-house SMTP server, spending precious time and resources managing email. But the in-house solution lacked:
- Administrative functionality to easily manage email for different clients
- Insight into metrics to track the performance of their client’s email campaigns
- Reliability and scalability to confidently grow email
Instead of building administrative and reporting functionality to continue to manage email in-house (and spending even more time and resources), Ben and his team decided to search for an external email provider.
In their research, Ben and his team came across Twilio SendGrid and were immediately impressed with how easy it would be to integrate and start sending emails. They also liked that they would get:
- Visibility into email performance with key metrics in real-time for their clients
- Confidence that their email workload would be handled, even as volume grew
- Easily whitelabel and manage clients from one central location with account tools
Multimedium has been bringing Twilio SendGrid’s email solutions to their clients since 2011. “In all our years using Twilio SendGrid, we’ve rarely had any issues with email,” says Ben. “It just works.”
Client use case: restaurant booking platform
Multimedium built a web application for a restaurant booking platform. In that platform, email is a critical channel used to drive several customer interactions, including:
- Confirmation messages and reminders for reservations
- Invitations for guests to try new restaurants
- Customer feedback requests after their dining experience
With Twilio SendGrid, the client experienced an increase in its delivery rate – up to 97%. Multimedium’s client also gained digestible statistics revealing that 10% of consumers engage and provide a feedback score on the platform, which helps them enrich the experience for both consumers and platform users.
Client use case: online shop for gardening tools
Multimedium also integrated Twilio SendGrid into a webshop for gardening tools.
With new data dashboards, every email sent in the webshop can be easily tracked. So when Multimedium’s client received complaints from their customers about not receiving password reset messages, Multimedium could easily search for and identify potential mail issues.
“We were able to assure our client that everything was and is working as it should be. We could point out that every email was being sent and work with them to troubleshoot further details,” says Ben.
Twilio SendGrid is a perfect fit for Multimedium’s email program as an agency because of its:
- Account management tools: With the right tools, they can help clients get the most out of their email program
- Real-time email analytics dashboards: Multimedium can empower clients to make quick, well-informed decisions
- Scalability: Sending with the email provider trusted to deliver for the world’s top brands means Multimedium can easily grow their clients’ email programs
Twilio SendGrid saves us a great deal of time, improves conversion rates and engagement for our clients, and continues to ensure that email scales as our clients' online products scale.