Missouri Star Quilt Company customers are highly engaged and every email campaign needs to represent the brand well. Email deliverability and flexible email sending tools are key to enabling this great user experience.
That’s why when Missouri Star’s previous email provider shifted their product strategy around their transactional email offering, Alan and his team needed to quickly migrate to a new provider they could trust to keep email running. The team started looking for a partner that would:
- Match their customer-centric sending philosophy by always providing value.
- Give the team a holistic view of what customers receive by combining marketing and transactional email under one platform.
- Help the company drive engagement and revenue from email. “We want to increase open and click through rates by 10% year over year,” says Cheyanne. With open rates at almost 40%, this is no small task for the team.
Alan heard of SendGrid in the TechStars network. SendGrid supported all of the team’s email needs, with:
MARKETING CAMPAIGNS FOR EASY EMAIL NEWSLETTERS
Cheyanne leverages SendGrid Marketing Campaigns to send one-off email campaigns, benefiting from:
- An easy-to-use email editor so she can quickly create or duplicate campaigns, add content, review and test emails, and send.
- Detailed statistics for understanding email performance, and email activity for troubleshooting with visibility into the delivery flow of every message.
- Easy contact segmentation based on custom fields or email engagement. “We’ve used segmentation to send apologies and coupons after Black Friday shipping delays. These emails had very positive reactions for us and drove traffic and revenue,” says Cheyanne.
POWERFUL APIs FOR TRANSACTIONAL EMAIL AND THE DAILY DEAL EMAIL
In addition to account and purchase- related transactional emails, the Missouri Star team sends their popular Quilter’s Daily Deal email through SendGrid’s APIs.
To create the Daily Deal email, Cheyanne updates their website with the latest discount. The content is then pulled via API into the Daily Deal email template and sent through SendGrid. Cheyanne uses SendGrid’s dashboards to track email performance metrics and Google Analytics to track revenue from email.
DELIVERY EXPERTISE WITH A DEDICATED CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER
“As we’ve grown, SendGrid has supported us. In addition to helping us run our business well and make it to the inbox, SendGrid has always encouraged us to be exploratory and try new things with our email program” says Alan.
With an overall delivery rate of over 99%, Missouri Star Quilt Company has built a healthy and revenue-positive email program on SendGrid.
The Quilter’s Daily Deal email is enormously successful for the company. “It takes me around 5 to 10 minutes per day to update the content, and on average the Daily Deal email accounts for about 47% of our total revenue per month,” says Cheyanne.
Cheyanne also started a reactivation campaign: all users who have not purchased in over four months and have Quilter’s Cash from their rewards program receive an email reminder with their balance and a link to the website. One recent reactivation email saw a 37.98% open and 4.23% click through rate, with 1.36% recipients reactivated (i.e., they placed orders within a week).
SendGrid has been a great partner for Missouri Star, always ensuring that our transactional and marketing deliverability is top notch. Marketing Campaigns has made targeting segments of customers a breeze, and the drag-and-drop templates allow us to create new and uniquely styled emails every time. Whenever questions arise, our Customer Success Manager is quick to respond and help out in any way they can.