Digital Trends is a news and lifestyle website that publishes news, reviews, guides, how-to articles, videos, and podcasts about technology and consumer electronics products. Founded in 2006, Digital Trends boasts an audience of over 24 million unique users every month and offices worldwide.
Brad Read is a Marketing Manager at Digital Trends, and responsible for revamping and curating their email newsletter program.
Email is one arm of the ongoing effort to drive more traffic to our website. We have a consistent amount of traffic from our email channel, and we’re always looking for ways to optimize our promotion strategy, grow our subscriber base, and increase clicks.
Digital Trends originally used a robust automation platform packed with features. Facing a substantial price increase, Brad and his team sought a new email service provider (ESP) to power their email newsletters.
Brad and his team wanted to additionally shift their sending strategy from automated newsletters to manually curated newsletters. “We want to have a more human touch in story curation, headline writing, and photo decisions,” says Brad. “We also wanted our new system to be more flexible so we could react to news and events in a timely fashion.”
After evaluating several ESPs, SendGrid stood out to Brad and his team for its:
- Developer-friendliness. “Our dev team really loved SendGrid’s documentation. It was very thorough, and the platform’s capabilities were really solid,” says Brad.
- Reliability. “As a sender, it’s nice knowing our email is going to be sent.”
- Quick start. “With SendGrid’s documentation, we were able to easily integrate email with WordPress so I can build and send emails quickly based on content from our website.”
Additionally, Brad and his team decided to leverage SendGrid’s Implementation Services team to get started on the right foot. “We really enjoyed the conversations with SendGrid’s team, and with SendGrid’s Implementation team we could make sure we were set up to succeed and taking advantage of as much of SendGrid’s email knowledge as possible,” says Brad.
With SendGrid’s Implementation Services, Brad and his team were able to quickly start sending with SendGrid. “Implementation provided a sense of confidence that if we had any issues, we would have an expert resource for best practices,” says Brad. “In one conversation with the SendGrid delivery team we learned more valuable information about email than our entire time with our previous email provider.”
With SendGrid’s expertise, Digital Trends was ramped up and completely out of their previous email provider by the date they needed from a contractual standpoint.
SendGrid is a perfect fit for Digital Trends because of its:
- Developer-centricity. SendGrid’s APIs and comprehensive documentation help developers get up and running quickly.
- Email Experts. SendGrid is the only people-first email provider, with an experienced team of deliverability experts with over 95 years combined experience.
- Reliability. Brad and his team can focus on creating and innovative product because they can trust their deliverability and scale to SendGrid’s platform.
I would definitely recommend SendGrid. I enjoy the tools, and SendGrid’s Implementation Services team has ensured that we launch our new program without a hitch with every question or issue being met with quickness and expertise.