Curaytor is a full-service digital marketing company helping small businesses grow with inbound marketing strategies, lead conversation tools, coaching, and support. Founded in 2013, Curaytor serves over 800 clients in the US and Canada.
Co-founder Jimmy Mackin leads product strategy at Curaytor to ensure that the tools Curaytor builds, including email marketing tools, align with customer success goals.
We realized that there was a big opportunity in helping clients understand the value of follow up. Email is the perfect channel for sending these messages to the right people at the right time.
Having already mastered customer acquisition via Facebook advertising, Jimmy and his team wanted to elevate their client’s email follow up game from a third-party provider to an in-house email tool more closely integrated with Curaytor’s other digital products.
Curaytor’s goal was to build a simple email tool with network effects, where clients would have access to a database of the best performing messages sent by other Curaytor clients. Jimmy and his team needed an email partner which would:
- Act as a scalable and cost-effective pipeline on which they could build their tool.
- Integrate with Curaytor’s other systems so that email data could be used alongside CRM and website data to help segment email lists.
- Help them get to market quickly. “We were moving clients from a productive email platform to our own system. We didn’t have time or room for error,” says Jimmy.
After a few weeks with a smaller email service provider (ESP), Curaytor moved their email program to SendGrid. “Email companies everywhere compared themselves to SendGrid,” says Jimmy. “If we’re going to build this thing, we should go with the industry leader instead of number two.”
In addition to getting access to SendGrid’s robust, global email infrastructure, Jimmy and his team were able to leverage SendGrid’s Implementation Services, which offered:
- Email experts who would take the time to learn about Curaytor’s unique business and goals, and act as an extension of the team for the onboarding process.
- Custom architecture guidance in setting up IPs and authenticating domains to make sure their email will reliably be delivered as the tool scales.
- Account monitoring for the first few weeks to ensure that the implementation is working correctly, which is critical to a new product launch.
With the help of SendGrid’s Implementation Services team, Jimmy and his team were able to build, test, and release their new product called Curaytor Brain without a hitch:
- Worry-free scalability with email architecture that’s built to scale. Jimmy expects 1,000 customers to be onboarded within a year of the product’s release.
- Increased client adoption with clients sending 75% more email on a monthly basis through Curaytor Brain than their previous ESP.
- Shortened time to market with the tool going live within 4 weeks.
We wouldn’t have been able to do this without SendGrid in our corner.
SendGrid’s Implementation Services is the perfect fit for Curaytor because of its:
- Scalability. SendGrid’s Implementation team has worked with hundreds of customers to ensure their email programs are built for long-term growth.
- Expertise. SendGrid’s Implementation team specializes in ramp up and warmup, allowing customers to focus on improving and innovating their business.
- Efficiency. With customized guidance, the Implementation team ensures that customers ramp up properly the first time, saving time and headaches later on.
With SendGrid’s help, we dramatically shortened time from concept to deployment. The Implementation team was super flexible with our timeline. They helped us with the boring stuff that’s important for deliverability like account architecture and setting up IPs, giving us more time to focus on the user experience.