Use of Information
We may use the information We collect through the Services for a range of reasons, which include:
- To provide, operate, optimize and maintain the Services;
- To deal with Customer enquiries and support requests, and to provide information and access to resources or services that they have requested from Us;
- To manage the SendGrid platform, system administration and security;
- To process and complete transactions;
- To compile aggregated statistics about the operation and use of the Services and to better understand the preferences of Our Customers;
- To send Our Customers technical alerts, reports, updates, security notifications and other Service-related communications;
- To carry out research and development to improve Our products and services;
- To send You marketing communications (where this is in accordance with Your communication preferences);
- Investigate and prevent fraud, unauthorized access or use of Services, breaches of terms and policies, and other wrongful behavior;
- To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which We will notify You.
Legal basis for processing (EEA individuals only)
If You are from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which We collect it.
However, We will normally collect personal information from You only where We have Your consent to do so, where We need the personal information to perform a contract with You, or where the processing is in Our legitimate interests and not overridden by Your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, We may also have a legal obligation to collect the personal information in question.
If We ask You to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with You, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise You whether the provision of Your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if You do not provide Your personal information).
Similarly, if We collect and use Your personal information in reliance on Our or a third party’s legitimate interests and those interests are not already listed above (in the “Use of Information” section), We will make clear to You at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If You have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which We collect and use Your personal information, please contact Us using the contact details provided in Section 14 below.