If you want to receive a SendGrid email every time you receive a new Event Webhook post, you can do that using Zapier.
You will need:
To establish a Webhook on Zapier, you will need only your Zapier account. Zapier will set up a custom Webhook url, for information on how to get started using these Webhooks, check here.
To link your Webhooks on Zapier to SendGrid, you must have an active SendGrid account. To learn more about getting started with SendGrid basics, start here. For more information about getting started with SendGrid on Zapier, go here.
Click here to Send emails through SendGrid for new caught Webhook data.
- Zapier will automatically generate a Webhook for you to send requests to. When you have this, click Ok, continue.
- Choose whether or not you wish to specify a Child Key for your Webhook. Click Save + Continue.
- Choose your SendGrid account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
- To connect your SendGrid account to Zapier for the first time, you will enter the credentials of an API/mail account. If you have not created this account, you can do so here.
- Using fields from the Webhook, create and customize the To, From, and Subject email message that the Zap will send.
- Click Save + Finish.
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, new Webhook payloads will automatically cause a corresponding SendGrid email to be sent.
Note: if you ever want to change this Zapier and SendGrid integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you’d like.