SendGrid has partnered with Amazon to offer our email services on the Amazon Marketplace. Built for developers and designed for marketers, SendGrid offers developers simple SMTP and API integrations while non-technical users can leverage an intuitive interface to create, send, and analyze marketing emails.
Once you have an AWS account, you can to subscribe to SendGrid and access it directly from the AWS Management Console. Once you’ve subscribed to SendGrid, you have access to the SendGrid application and the APIs. Use the AWS Management Console if you want to reset your password, cancel your account, or manage billing.
There are two plans: AWS Basic, and AWS Pro. For more information, check out our AWS Marketplace page. Here’s a monthly view of cost:
To quickly get started with SendGrid:
- See Getting Started With Marketing Campaigns for all of the tools you need to get started sending with the SendGrid application.
- Look at the API Reference for all of the API endpoints as well as information about using SMTP and the Webhooks.
- See the API Libraries page for information about using the SendGrid code libraries in C#, Go, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, and Ruby.
Warm up your sending - Since ISP spam filters look at volume as a significant factor when determining whether or not you are sending spam, we recommend that you begin sending a low to moderate volume, eventually working your way up to larger volumes. This gives the receiving email providers a chance to closely observe your sending habits and the way your customers treat the emails they receive from you.
- Adding a Dedicated IP Address
- Adding Subusers
- Adding domain authentication and link branding
- Upgrading or Downgrading Your Account
- Managing Billing Options
- Canceling Your SendGrid Subscription
You can purchase IP addresses dedicated to your account. Since you are the only one sending email over this IP, your sending practices determine the sender reputation associated with this IP. You can purchase up to 3 IP addresses per month. If you need more than 3 IPs, then you should contact support.
You can only add a Dedicated IP Address if you are on an AWS Pro plan. To upgrade your plan, see Upgrading or Downgrading Your Account.
To add a dedicated IP Address:
- Navigate to the Plan & Billing Details page in the SendGrid UI.
- Click Add a Dedicated IP. This takes you to the Dedicated IP Addresses page
- Next, click Add an IP Address.
- Select the number of IP Addresses to add, and select whether you want to warm up your IP automatically. Warming up an IP gradually increases the amount of email sent over this IP over time to improve your email deliverability. For more information, see Warming Up IPs.
- Click Add.
Sender authentication shows email providers that SendGrid has your permission to send emails on your behalf. Domain authentication works by pointing DNS entries from your domain registrar to SendGrid, which drastically increases your ability to deliver email and allows you to begin building a sender reputation for your domain and for your IP addresses. For more information domain authentication , see How to Set Up Domain Authentication
You can only add Subusers if you are on an AWS Pro plan. To upgrade your plan, see Upgrading or Downgrading Your Account. Subusers are SendGrid accounts that belong to a parent account. They have their permissions and credit limits, which you assign as you create the subusers. Subusers help you segment your email sending and API activity.
To get started with using Subusers, see the Subusers overview.
You can upgrade or downgrade your account from the SendGrid UI.
To change your account plan:
- Navigate to the Plan & Billing Details pagein the SendGrid UI.
- Select Upgrade to AWS Pro, or Downgrade to AWS Basic.
Manage your billing options from the AWS Billing & Cost Management Dashboard.
To remove SendGrid from your AWS account:
- Navigate to your Software Subscriptions page on AWS.
- Click Cancel Subscription in the SendGrid section.
If you run into issues with your AWS SendGrid account, you can contact our support team by logging in here and opening a support ticket.