Marketing Campaigns is SendGrid’s flexible email marketing solution that allows you to create beautiful, targeted campaigns. Built on SendGrid’s proven email deliverability platform, Marketing Campaigns provides powerful dynamic segmentation, flexible campaign building workflows, and version testing. After you have created and sent a campaign, make sure to take advantage of the collected engagement, deliverability, and performance statistics to gain insight into how you can optimize your next campaign.
This page provides links to all of SendGrid’s Marketing Campaigns documentation. You will find everything from instructional User Guides, step-by-step tutorials, troubleshooting guides, FAQs, and definitions of common terms and abbreviations.
- Common Terms and Abbreviations
- Marketing Campaigns Introduction
- Marketing Campaigns User Guide
- Deliverability Best Practices
- Statistics and Tracking
- Migrating to Marketing Campaigns
- Marketing Campaigns Recipient Unsubscribes
Here are some common terms and abbreviations used in Marketing Campaigns, or general email marketing discussions.
- Clicks and Unique Clicks
- Click-Trough Rate (CTR)
- Drip Campaign
- Email Marketing
- Open Rate
- Opens & Unique Opens
- Scheduled Emails
- Subscriber List Management
- What is the difference between custom fields, reserved fields, and engagement data?
Introductory information to help you get started using Marketing Campaigns right away. You will find answers to common questions, an explanation of how you will be billed for Marketing Campaigns, and other additional resources for new users.
- How does billing work for Marketing Campaigns?
- Marketing Campaigns Billing for Subusers
- Marketing Campaigns FAQ
- Marketing Campaigns Video Tutorial Index
Complete user guide for Marketing Campaigns. You will find detailed descriptions of all of Marketing Campaign’s features, along with tutorials and instructions for how to leverage Marketing Campaigns.
- Marketing Campaigns User Guide Overview
- Sending an Email
- Marketing Templates
- Design Editor
- Code Editor
- Lists and Segmentation
- Custom Fields
- A/B Testing
- Campaign Statistics
Your Contacts (or recipients) are at the core of your email marketing campaign. Ensuring that you are sending to the right set recipients, at the right time, is vital to the success of your campaign. Here you will find several articles discussing best practices, along with tutorials explaining how to manage your contact lists.
- Tips to Keep Your List Organized
- How to Remove Unusable Contacts
- Why Purchased Lists Are No Good
- Why Purchase Lists When You Can…
- Let Old Addresses Sleep in Peace!
- List Scrubbing Guide
- Affiliate Lists & List Sharing
- Role Addresses
- Where did you get my address? - Permission Reminders
Even if you have the perfect list of contacts to send your campaign to, there are still many other ways that your campaign could end up in the spam folder. Following is a list of articles dedicated to email deliverability as it relates to Marketing Campaigns: from brand consistency to navigating spam-traps.
- Bulk Email Service
- Bulk Mail Folder
- Email Reputation Monitoring
- Opt-In Email
- Peer-Initiated Invitations Campaigns
- Reconfirmation Email Campaigns
- Spam Filter
- Spam Reports
- Spam Traps
- Brand Consistency: Why It’s Important
- Gmail Promotions Tab
- Personalization: Making Your Messages Count
- Spam Trapped
- My Emails Are Going to Spam
- What Do I Do if I’m Blacklisted?
- Peer-Initiated Email Invitation Requirements
Having trouble getting your CSV uploaded? Are your custom fields not working the way you expected? Look below for some possible solutions.
- A Custom Field Value Did Not Substitute During a Send
- You Have Used a Reserved Field Name for Your Custom Field
- List Upload Troubleshooting Guide
- Why Can’t I Access Sendgrid’s Marketing Campaigns When Using 3rd Party Services/platforms?
Marketing Campaigns provides an advanced and powerful set of tools dedicated to collecting and reviewing statistics. Analyzing your deliverabilty and engagement metrics is key to optimizing your campaigns.
- How to Leverage Your Engagement Statistics
- Click Tracking and Substitution Tags in Marketing Campaigns
- Click Tracking & HTML: Best Practices
- Can I download a list of click, open, or other email events?
- Google Analytics Demystefied: GA Stats vs. SG Stats
If you are migrating to Marketing Campaigns from SendGrid’s Legacy Newsletter, we recommend referring to our Migration Toolkit. Here you will find a complete set of step-by-step tutorials, video tutorials, side-by-side feature comparisions, and other resources to help ensure that your transition to Marketing Campaigns is smooth and seamless.
Maintaining a healthy list of engaged and interested contacts is critical to the success of your email marketing program. Part of that process includes making it easy for your contacts to unsubscribe to email that they no longer want to receive.