Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
Are you passionate about learning about high scale, distributed systems? Do you enjoy a challenge and relish pushing yourself to learn and grow in an ever changing environment? Do you want to work with talented people who solve hard, important problems? If you said yes… read on and come join our awesome team.
As an intern at SendGrid you will join a small, versatile, and passionate team as we continue to push our technology forward to deliver ever more high quality email. Day to day you will learn how we design, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions which send hundreds and hundreds of millions of emails per day.
While we do send 3% of the world’s wanted email, SendGrid is much more than an email company, and our mission has much greater scope. To achieve this mission at our scale requires expertise from nearly every area of computer science. Our engineers routinely delve into the intricacies of data structures, algorithms and protocols, investigate and apply esoteric domains like machine learning and routinely operate multiple high scale No-SQL systems. As a software intern at SendGrid you will have the opportunity to be exposed to all of this daily.
At SendGrid you will have the opportunity to write mission-critical code that will enable us to achieve our goal of simplifying communication between businesses and their customers.
You are going to be challenged, you are going to learn, and you are going to learn how we solve problems few people have ever faced in technology. If you are looking for a job where you can just Google the answers to the challenges you face, SendGrid is not for you.
This is a paid internship beginning in the summer of 2017.
What You'll Do
- Work to solve hard, interesting, and important problems
- Build world class MTAs and mail delivery systems
- Stop Phishers and Spammers
- Work with passionate, top-notch engineers on very large distributed systems
- Contribute ideas to improve our service, software, and development process
- Grow and improve your skills in the company of like minded engineers
- Work in a diverse and vibrant community of professionals who value work life balance and strive to make a big impact while having lots of fun
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do
- Mission driven, action oriented with a can do, get stuff done attitude
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving ability
- Takes initiative and is able to work effectively in a team environment
- Passionate about writing clean, efficient code and continuously improving your skills
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, software design, and architecture
- Experience with one or more of the following: Go, Ruby, Java, C/C++ or Python, Perl
- Experience with Linux or *NIX and CLI tools
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.