Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
External documentation is a critical component of our service, averaging 10% of our total website traffic. Our docs are a crucial part of aiding our customers to self-serve. According to ProgrammableWeb’s survey, documentation is the most important factor for developers using APIs above libraries, code examples, and uptime.
As a Documentation Developer Intern at SendGrid, you will write high quality customer friendly documentation to help drive self service and add to a positive customer experience. You will learn a lot about our product and you will be aware of all new features before they come out.
This is a paid internship beginning in the summer of 2017.
What You’ll Do
- Work in the customer’s best interest, always
- Work closely with our current Technical Writing staff, Open Source Engineering team, support team, and others in the company
- Maintain and improve the customer-facing docs platform and content
- Help make SendGrid’s documentation one of the best docs experiences on the internet
- Have no problems asking every single question that you think of about SendGrid, the product, or our process
- Love solving problems big or small, whether in code or in text form to make the customer’s life easier
- Create scripts, Jekyll plugins, and modify existing code all in Ruby
- Be willing to learn Git and Jekyll if you don’t know it already
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do
- A love for writing in order to make customer’s lives better
- Experience writing in Ruby and Jekyll
- An appreciation for being part of a fast-paced environment
- Fastidious attention to consistency and accuracy
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.