As a Software Engineer II on the Communication Applications team, you will be part of a core backend team building out our next-generation products that will disrupt and revolutionize the email marketing industry. You will get a chance to integrate, store and analyze large amounts of data, provide insights and suggestions to our customers, and along the way solve fun and challenging engineering problems at scale. Join an experienced and passionate team that focuses on making an impact. Opportunities abound to grow the product - and your career!
In Redwood City, we have a small yet elite group of developers with those specialized skills that we can only find in the Bay Area. Here, we are focused on the underlying platform that supports all the customer facing software that we build. High scale and distributed systems experience are a must.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Develop and maintain a secure and high-performance code base that powers our core marketing features and infrastructures
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to create new features from inception to launch
- Build, Test, Deploy & Maintain large scale, highly available applications and services in a distributed systems environment
- Drive efficiency and predictability on your team’s productivity and velocity
- Dive deep into technologies like AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, Go and Python
- Work independently to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complicated issues in your team's domain
Our stack includes: Golang, AWS (DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, S3, etc), Snowflake, Terraform, Redis, SolrCloud, Kafka, Riak, Docker/Kubernetes
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related equivalent experience.
- You are proficient with one of the languages we use daily (Ruby, Python, Go, Bash)
- You have experience working with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Chef, or similar technologies
- You’re a proactive problem solver but you know when to reach out to subject matter experts for guidance
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 50 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.