At SendGrid, we send over 1 billion emails every day across the globe, and our Core Platform team designs and develops the software foundation that enables the rest of engineering to achieve this scale.
While we leverage and augment Open Source solutions where possible, at times engineers on this team must trail-blaze on the frontiers of distributed systems. This role will challenge and sharpen your engineering skills to ship code with incredibly demanding requirements regarding scalability, availability, and performance.
What You'll Do
- Create new platform technologies by working arm-in-arm with our architecture team.
- Evaluate open source technologies that could be brought to bear to solve SendGrid’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Design and build software systems for scalability, testability, supportability, and maintainability that solve problems at-scale in the public cloud.
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble.
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing large-scale software systems
- Experience in distributed architectures
- Strong coding ability in a language such as Golang, Java or Python
- Experience designing, implementing and managing large scale backend systems ideally in the public cloud
- Ability to rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
Founded in 2009, SendGrid built its reputation solving a key pain point of delivering transactional emails that respond to customer behavior (purchase receipts, order confirmations, password resets, etc.). In 2015, SendGrid expanded the platform into marketing email use cases, enabling customers to have one platform for both transactional and marketing email. We deliver over 45 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Yelp.