Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 33 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
In this role, you will be responsible for running the technology enablement and desktop infrastructure of the company and providing direction and mentorship to our IT Service Desk Technicians. Responsibilities will include oversight of a heterogeneous end user environment consisting of Mac, Windows and Linux end users. You will also lead corporate communications including Video and Teleconferencing solutions.
This position requires past hands-on experience, and the humility to still do what needs to be done and lead by example. We are looking for someone with strategic experience designing robust solutions that scale, a penchant for solving tough technical problems, dedication to ensuring high-availability and a natural ability to fit into our dynamic, fast-paced culture. You will help take the IT Service Desk team from being reactive to being the proactive technology leaders across SendGrid’s technology ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Manage SendGrid’s Service Desk team, including goal-setting, prioritization, maintaining team budget and project management (Agile/Kanban experience preferred)
- Be a key leader in defining and delivering on SendGrid’s longer-term technology Service Desk strategy, with a strong emphasis on security and scalability
- Lead the team responsible for front line internal user support, including configuration, deployment and support of end user hardware, internal user onboarding and offboarding, as well as video and teleconferencing support.
- Develop robust and mature incident, event, and problem management procedures for the Service Desk team.
- Develop and implement an inventory management process, including a hardware lifecycle process, and desktop upgrade process.
- Train end-users on best practices, new software and policies
- Spearhead IT projects and oversee their completion & success
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- At least 1 year of people management experience
- 8+ years of overall IT experience
- Extensive knowledge of ITIL Framework, with experience implementing ITIL best practices; ITIL Certification is a plus
- Ability to recognize the right tool for the right situation/problem, equal weighting of both commercial and open-source solutions
- The ability to take initiative, solve problems, make big decisions, take risks and communicate effectively
- Experience in setting Key Performance Indicators for a Service Desk team, and leading the team to deliver on SLAs.
- Experience managing user access controls in SAAS based systems, including Google Apps
- Strong documentation ethic – capable of maintaining and authoring internal procedure & policies
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment while maintaining awareness of the larger organization
- Superb communication skills, capable of explaining highly technical problems in "plain" English
- Ability to perform well and keep the team motivated under-pressure and tight timelines
- Emotionally Intelligent - Recognize their own, and other people's emotions, to discriminate between different feelings and label them appropriately, and to use this to guide thinking and behavior
- Decisive - Uses a framework or process by which to make decisions. At times, will need to make decisions quickly and often with incomplete data
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
- Previous work experience in a late stage start-up/quickly scaling business is a plus
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.Apply