Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
As an Associate Front End Software Engineer at SendGrid, you will be responsible for one of many web applications that enable our customers to manage the delivery of billions of emails a month in a secure and scalable way. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve customers’ problems at-scale. You will have the opportunity to shape architectural solutions that enable us to achieve our goal of simplifying communication between businesses and their customers.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Work in a creative and highly collaborative environment with Product, UI/UX teams to build the next generation of SendGrid products
- Create functional and polished user interfaces with responsive design elements
- Develop and maintain secure, high performance web applications that fit into the SendGrid architecture
- Implement solid front end solutions that integrate with multiple APIs and backend systems
- Build scalable solutions utilizing caching, pagination, loading data on demand, and other techniques to manage massive, yet accessible, data sets
- Follow best practices for front end engineering, including participating in iterative design cycles and code reviews
- Be responsible for your tasks and story completion
- Works with the team to troubleshoot/determine resolution for simple issues in your team's domain
- Begin to align actions and personal development with longer-term team goals
- Participate in design meetings and Agile ceremonies
- Build relationships within the team
- Communicate effectively with team and stakeholders
- Create documentation for your own work output
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, review Jira and ask questions as needed
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- 1-3 years of software development experiences with a focus on user interfaces
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or other relevant experience
- Sense of aesthetics and user experience
- Understanding of web technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON and how they play a part in application design
- Comfortable in debugging browser problems
- Ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Knows how and when to escalate when you are stuck on a task
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in.
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others.
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active.
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals.
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.Apply