Founded in 2009, SendGrid is an industry-disrupting, cloud-based customer communication platform that solves the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of our customers. We deliver over 30 billion emails a month for customers like Airbnb, Spotify, and Uber.
Our InfoSec team is seeking a technical resource with a strong background in software development and a deep knowledge of application security.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble
- Invent, implement, deploy and maintain cool stuff to help SendGrid’s Information Security team secure the grid. Some of these projects include improving the vulnerability management program, identifying and responding to DDoS, log collection & correlation, automating incident response and helping protect endpoints. You will do this using tools you build, implementing open source solutions and commercial products
- Work with Operations to ensure that our infrastructure security controls are effective.
- Respond to security incidents
- Implement security tools and functionality, and build cool things
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
- Experience performing incident response in a distributed, high performance environment
- Able to perform forensic investigation of compromised applications, systems and platforms and quickly determine root cause
- 6-9yrs experience with one or more scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Chef or other deployment automation framework
- Experience performing intrusion detection: monitoring log, flow and IDS data to identify indicators of compromise
- Familiarity with Git
- Able to automate tasks to provide security at scale
- Willing to be part of the on-call rotation to respond to security issues
- Passionate about security and operations
- Quick to grok emerging threats and new technologies
SendGrid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.Apply