It’s not every day that you meet someone who started out as an engineer, moved to investment banking, and then decided they’d give being a CFO a shot (and found success at every stop along the way!). But that’s what happens when you make the acquaintance of our CFO and COO, Yancey Spruill.
If you’re in the C-suite, you’re already wearing a lot of hats. Now multiply those hats by two and you have the responsibilities that Yancey carries at SendGrid. But spend just five minutes talking about his insights on the industry and his strategy regarding our finances and operations, and it all makes sense. His experience prior to getting back into the corporate world and as the CFO for ten years at DigitalGlobe makes him the person to carry all of those responsibilities.
Tune into the episode below to hear more about:
- Yancey’s experience taking DigitalGlobe public in 2009
- The relationship between profitability and growth
- What the rule of 40 means and his perspective on it
- Why Colorado is a perfect location for tech companies
- How his relationship with Sameer (SendGrid’s CEO) is a recipe for success
Thanks for tuning in and we’ll see you next time!