George Orwell’s 1984 has nothing on the SendGrid Event API. With this tool, you can curate information on every email you’ve ever sent and generate customized real time reports based on a variety of email events including processed, delivered, opens, clicks, unsubscribes, spam reports, deferred, bounces, and drops with all relevant category and unique argument information.
The Event API is highly customizable using webhooks to integrate with your application without any restrictions on your own internal storage limitations. Essentially, you can:
- Automatically remove unsubscribes from your master mailing list.
- Associate a spam report with a specific campaign and user in your application.
- Know real-time when a user has clicked on a confirmation email.
- Get the specific link clicked on an email.
- Get the browser version used by a customer.
- Know the specific MTA response for a customer.
Many of our clients use the Event API to set up automated systems to take specific actions, particularly for deliverability management. Team Snap, for example, uses the Event API to remove spam complaints from their email list instantly. You can also use the Event API to segment lists based on activity or non-activity so you can rapidly remove non-responders from their email file, and focus your efforts on engaged subscribers. You can also use the Event API to automatically compile charts or graphs for external consumption.
To learn more about SendGrid APIs, check out our API docs page to get more ideas on how you can customize our platform to suit your business needs.