So concluded Seth Godin’s keynote speech at the opening luncheon for Denver Startup Week 2013. Speaking to a room filled with 800 startup team members and entrepreneurs, Seth’s advice was more than fitting. Having recently been named to a host of Top 10 lists for the hottest startup cities in America, Denver’s startup story is more than spreading—it’s skyrocketing.
With tracks focusing on business, design, tech, manufacturing, and social enterprise, the city is crawling with opportunity this week. And SendGrid is thrilled to be participating, attending, and hosting a number of events.
SendGrid @ DSW
Yesterday, our CEO Jim Franklin was a panelist at the NCWIT Diversity in Tech discussion, officially kicking off a busy week for SendGrid.
Next up, today, we’re happy to be organizing the Startup Job Fair. About 40 startups will be attending so it’s a great opportunity for job seekers to get a firsthand look at what makes some of Denver’s most high-profile startups tick. Be sure to stop by SendGrid’s booth for some swag and networking and stay up to date with happenings at the event by following our HR team on Twitter (@SendGridJobs).
Our Larimer Square office is also going to be the prime location for some inspiring sessions throughout the week. Check out the full schedule of Denver Startup Week events here for registration information.
Events Hosted at SendGrid’s Larimer Square Office
- 9:00-11:00am: Cloud Elements-Lean Product Development for Startups (Mark Geene, Co-Founder/CEO of Cloud-Elements)
- 1:00-3:00pm: Market Creations Group “Making B2B Sexy”
- 3:30-5:30pm: Growing Developers, Growing Diversity (Elaine Marino – Owner at LadyCoders Holdings)
- 3:00-7:00: Startup Crawl: Tour the downtown offices of some of your favorite startups. This is a great opportunity to grab a few beers and share your startup story.
- 11:00-1:00pm: Prototyping & Agile Development (Zach Niles CTRO Rally)
- 8:00-4:00: API Hack Day: SendGrid is partnering with Cloud Elements, Twilio, Mashery, Context.io, Alchemy API and Full Contact to bring you insight into how to use their APIs. Developers of all skill levels are welcome. Come for the intel and stay for the free food, drinks, and prizing. There’s plenty of time to register…it’s free!
Every startup story is unique and we know that this week will bring a number of these stories to life. That’s what we love most about being a part of this great Colorado and Denver community. We look forward to sharing our story with you and to hearing yours!