Monitoring the Metrics that Matter: Introducing the New Relic PlatformSendGrid Team
As a developer, you understand just how complex your application stack can be. Depending on its environment, there can be hundreds of critical components that make up your app, and each piece is vital to its performance and reliability. To monitor each component, you might use multiple, non-integrated tools to gain visibility into your stack. And that makes troubleshooting app performance issues a challenging endeavor.
Our partner New Relic has always strived to make the lives of its customers easier with its SaaS-based Application Performance Management (APM) tool. Now they’ve made a good thing even better with the release of the New Relic Platform – a seamless new way to monitor the performance of any technology through the intuitive and easy-to-use New Relic interface.
With the New Relic Platform, you’ll be able to get in-depth, real time insight into the performance of each component of your application stack – from cloud services, to the database, caching, networking, queuing and more. And best of all, you’ll be able to do it from a single pane of glass to monitor all the metrics you care about.
We’re excited to be part of this new initiative with New Relic. With our plugin on the New Relic platform, our customers have the ability to see all of their data in one place so they can not only monitor their email performance, but also their application performance in one location. Developers can easily access statistical monitoring and a simple ‘at-a-glance’ health check of email traffic. Our plugin includes real-time information on email performance including deliverability, engagement, and compliance factors.
Our partnership with New Relic saves developers time, adds agility to the process, and makes them more productive to build amazing apps. That’s what we’re all about. Smart, fast decisions with your email data.
Sign up now for your free New Relic Standard account. You’ll quickly get insight into all the metrics you care about and wonder how you ever got by without it. And it’s easy to access your SendGrid email statistics on the New Relic dashboard. To get started, all you need is a New Relic account and a SendGrid account and to follow these steps:
1. From the New Relic SendGrid Plugin Dashboard you will be provided a product activation key. Copy this and click the link “continue”.
2. You will be redirected to the App settings within SendGrid and will need to log in if you are not already authenticated to the SendGrid site.
3. Provide your New Relic license key.
4. Enable the app.
5. In less than five minutes your stats should be sent to the New Relic API. SendGrid sends stats to New Relic every 5 minutes for users with the app enabled. Go to the New Relic site and there you will find the SendGrid extension on the left menu.
6. After clicking on ‘SendGrid’ extension, a SendGrid instance will be displayed. Click on it.
7. And there you will see the statistics in three categories: Deliveries, Engagement, and Compliance.
Also on the right side you can see metrics in percentages.
SendGrid provides two methods of sending email: the Web API and SMTP API. SendGrid recommends using the SMTP API for sending emails. For an explanation of the benefits of each, refer to our integration page.
Now that you’ve seen how easy it is to use the SendGrid email service, follow these links to learn more: