Introducing Catalyst – Career Tips for the Modern MarketerKate Schmeisser
The majority of career advice comes from the top—the executives that have been there and done that. But what happens when “there” isn’t quite the same place and “that” didn’t exist 20 years ago?
That’s why we’re thrilled to introduce our new series, Catalyst, where we’ll explore the stories of ambitious young professionals engaging in digital marketing across the globe. From mountains they’ve conquered, to challenges they’re facing, to work strategies they’re using and more, we’ll discuss today’s workplace in the marketing space and the people that are moving it forward.
What do you have to look forward to in the coming months? We’ve interviewed guests from a variety of businesses, each with their own unique story of how they chose Marketing for their career (or how Marketing chose them). They answer questions like…
- Looking back to 5 years ago, did you envision this is where you would be now?
- What resources do you go to for information about how to advance your career?
- What is the biggest misconception about millennials in the workplace?
- What skills have you learned on the job or self-taught that has made a positive impact on your career?
- How do you stay organized?
- Finish this sentence – An app or tool that I can’t live without is…
- If you could give one piece of advice to yourself right after you graduated, what would it be?
There’s great value in hearing from those who’ve made it to the top of the career ladder, but we’re excited to share content that’s from your fellow marketers who are right there in the climb with you. So without further ado meet our first guest, Reigan Combs.
Stay tuned to hear more stories and advice from other marketers who are making an impact at their companies. From a marketing manager in the financial technology space, to a sustainability and marketing specialist working on shifting the paradigm of water usage, to the marketing lead at a fashion sales tech startup—we’re just getting started!