As a former rider of the DOer Express, I can attest it is one of those events that can really change the trajectory of your startup or even larger entrepreneurial ambitions. You will make new friends, have great experiences and an overall awesome time in the beautiful city of Montreal. You will pitch to all different types of audiences, fellow entrepreneurs, teenagers, grandmothers and VC’s. You will be pitching while standing in a tent, on stage, on a moving bus and maybe on an elevator going up and down.
There will be opportunities to network with lots of key players in the tech industry and talks by tech superstars such as Dave McClure and Rahul Sood to name a few.
I was lucky enough to ride on the DOer Express last year and fully believe that if you run a company and are looking to get exposure for your product and develop connections, then this is the opportunity for you.
Startups on the DOer Express
- Startups will receive roundtrip travel between New York and Montreal on an awesome bus filled with snacks and WiFi
- Three nights in beautiful downtown Montreal
- Discounted passes to the three day startup festival
- Place in the DOer Express Demo Tent
- Informational networking with VCs in New York City
- One to One mentorship from Twilio, SendGrid and Windows Azure.
What to Take Advantage Of
Startups at the early stages are essentially about people and connections. Make sure to take advantage of the setting you are in. Go in there looking to meet people from the start. Learn about other companies and see if you can help them out. This can be something as simple as making an introduction. Overall build your network and be awesome to everyone you meet.
Also at the festival there will be multiple tents. You will get a spot in the DOer Express tent and have an opportunity to pitch your business and acquire customers at the festival.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for startups that have interesting concepts and experienced some traction. This means your company has launched a product (at least in beta) in some market and are looking to receive great feedback. Think of this application as a part of your journey, tell us the problem you’re solving and sell us on how your product and team is the best for the job.
- Your startup has less than 3 million in funding
- Startup must have demonstrated market traction and/or users in beta
- Startups are limited to 5 members from each company
Apply here before June 7th to get your company a spot on the DOer Express. Winners will be notified by June 12th.
If you have any questions on the DOer Express experience, email email@example.com