While at SaaStock in Dublin, Scott snagged an interview with SaaS (software as a service) superstar, Bill Macaitis. As you’ll hear in the interview, Bill is a hipster of SaaS (he was doing it before it was even cool). Jokes aside, Bill speaks about how educating and convincing customers about the power of the cloud was a challenge when he started out with Salesforce and how the industry has evolved since.
My favorite piece of the podcast is when Bill talks about brand campaigns and the power of running an effective one. Though many marketers cringe at the thought of trying to measure something traditionally seen as a “soft” promotional push, Bill rattles off a good ten different metrics you can use to measure brand awareness efforts (and even makes it sound easy!).
Listen in to the episode to hear more about:
- Bill’s experience working at SaaS giants—Salesforce, Zendesk, and most recently as CMO of Slack
- What “customer centricity” means
- His belief in the power of NPS
- How to measure and conduct brand campaigns
- Bill’s advice for startups
This episode is also available on:
Thanks for tuning in and we’ll see you next time!