Email isn’t just our business at SendGrid, it’s our interest. So that’s why almost a dozen times this year, we’ve hit the road on our SendGrid Delivered tour to spread the word about sending email…good email. SendGrid proudly sends 1% of the world’s non-spam email and to make sure that we keep it that way, we want to teach others—whether you’re a SendGrid customer or not—what it means to send good email and to get delivered.
With 22% of commercial email never making it to the inbox, we can all benefit from being informed about how to make sure that our messages are in that winning 78%.
So where do you start?
Here are 5 fast facts from our latest stops on the SendGrid Delivered tour in Atlanta and Miami that can get you started.
5 Fast Email Facts from SendGrid Delivered 2013
1) While being CAN-SPAM compliant will keep you out of court, it won’t guarantee you the inbox. Go above and beyond the CAN-SPAM Act in both your marketing and transactional communications, to maximize your email deliverability.
2) Surprise! SPAM = UNWANTED MAIL. Someone who signed up for your email a long time ago, but is not longer interested, can look at your mail as spam. So keep your lists up-to-date and only send to recipients who want your mail.
3) Because….if a recipient can’t find your unsubscribe button, they CAN find the SPAM button. (So, make your unsubscribes visible!)
4) The secret sauce of email is having a 2-WAY conversation—get rid of “no-reply” as your reply-to address. Because “no-reply” is essentially like saying “I don’t want to hear from you.” And no one wants to hear that.
5) Engagement is the bread and butter of email. So, if you’re building a viable long-term company, more recipients doesn’t get you more $$, engaged recipients get you more $$. Seek out subscribers who are interested in your brand, send them quality content at the right frequency, and you’ll reap the benefits.
These quick tips will help you lay the foundation to sending good and wanted email that will get delivered.
If you want to learn more about how you can do that, join us December 3rd and 5th as we continue our free SendGrid Delivered tour in San Diego and Los Angeles. At the W Hotel in San Diego and the Real Office Center in Santa Monica our team of experts will be ready to answer all your email deliverability questions. Register now to guarantee your free spot.
And if you can’t make it to CA, subscribe to our blog, for more helpful downloads from our industry insiders.