What do face painting, Steve Buscemi, Valentine’s Day cards, Get Smart, superheroes, and Justin Bieber have in common?
They’re all subjects of email (yes email) related posts on SendGrid’s social media and blog channels so far this year. Let’s take a closer look:
Keep Calm and Hackathon
- Nick Quinlan from the Dev Rel team visited UPenn over Valentine’s Day for PennApps 2014. In the spirit of love, Nick created 10 specialty SendGrid love notes for the attendees. Check out his impressive rhyming skills here.
- After Valentines, lead developer evangelist, Brandon West, headed to Tokyo to participate in Music Hackday to the tune of a packed crowd.
- With our Developer Relations team constantly on the go at different hackathons across the globe, Adam DuVander compiled all of their top tips for organizing and attending these events in this handy blog post.
Tricks of the Trade
- Storytelling is key to engaging your marketing email subscriber base. With a little inspiration from Get Smart, we broke down one of our favorite marketing emails of the season.
- How do you supercharge your transactional email for success? I was lucky enough to sit down with our good friend Matt Harris from sendwithus to find out how in our How to Make Transactional Email Your Superhero webcast. (Hint: we made a cheat sheet too!)
- Ever have trouble getting your HTML to render correctly in every inbox? We feel your pain, so our support team broke out some key best practices to keep your email looking good in any inbox.
- Then, he moved onto Steve Buscemi. Using SendGrid’s Parse Webhook, Robin showed us how anyone can see life through Steve Buscemi’s eyes. Literally.
- Finally, Kunal Batra gave everyone control of the atmosphere in his apartment, by allowing them to change the colors of his living room lights…for a full weekend. Check out the full video here.
Around the Office
- In January, we were very happy to celebrate our partnership with KKE in Japan. We’re looking forward to seeing our relationship continue to flourish this year.
- Our Director of Revenue Marketing, Carly Brantz, gave us an inside look into what it’s like being a working mother in her Lean In-inspired spotlight: “Sitting at the Table” at SendGrid.
- And what workday would be complete without a little face paint action. Our SendGrid “fun committee” likes to keep things light and entertaining and recently brought in face paint artists to each office to spice things up a bit. Take a look at the results and check out our careers page for more entertaining photos.