As you compare solutions for your email infrastructure and delivery needs, there are ten questions you should ask every cloud-based email delivery provider so that you have all of the information you need to the make the right choice.
- What is their expertise in email deliverability? Find out if they have a dedicated team that specializes in email delivery and what services they provide. For example, authentication, dedicated IPs, feedback loops, ISP monitoring and outreach can be critical when delivery challenges occur.
- What type of access do you have to their deliverability experts? Deliverability failures can happen any time of day or night. You’ll need 24/7 responsive support.
- How supportive is their infrastructure to growth? If you plan to grow your user base over time, make sure your provider can accommodate varied email volumes. This is critical for any business that relies on email to drive their business.
- Can they deploy email? If you want an all-in-one solution, make sure they have the right capabilities to send mail. Some providers do one or the other, which might require you to employ additional resources to manage operations. Also ask about their transactional vs. marketing email capabilities.
- Can you customize your email experience? Sending email involves best practices around branding, personalization, and content. Make sure you can tailor email templates and perform regular tests to optimize your campaign for maximum delivery and response.
- What metrics do they provide? Providers that can deliver both delivery and response metrics can give you the whole picture in one platform. You’ll need access to this data for each deployment.
- How long does it take to integrate? Understand the process as it relates to your organization. Ask for documentation and talk to clients to get a full and accurate understanding of the integration process.
- Can you customize the platform to suit your business needs? The ability to expand usability is key. Again, look at their documentation and pay specific attention to their APIs to determine capabilities for now and in the future.
- Can they whitelabel their platform? If you send email on behalf of other customers, it is important for your provider to enable subusers. Ask what type of access they provide and how you can manage their activity and privileges.
- How much do they cost? No matter the size of your organization, managing your email delivery no longer has to be an expensive proposition. Find a solution that can help you increase your effectiveness without breaking the bank.
Be sure to keep these questions in mind when looking for your next email solution. To see how SendGrid fulfills all of the points above, download our free guide: The SendGrid Buyer’s Guide: What You Need to Know Before You Buy.